When people think of indicators, they typically think of what the reporting indicator in SERAM represents: A number with a unit and some additional data such as a comment.
Most input indicators in SERAM will therefore be reporting indicators with varying configurations.
Reporting indicators offer customizable functionality:
- Different input and reporting units (automatic or custom conversion)
- Different input and reporting frequencies
- How to consolidate over time (sum, average, ...)
- Default values (used when no value is entered)
- Plausibility checking (based on a formula, can relate to other indicators or past values)
- Constraints (such as "cannot be negative", flexible since based on formula)
- Additional data collection (comments, file attachments, data quality, forecasted...)