SERAM Release "Auxois"
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Another feature release of SERAM has been deployed.
- Replacement of Owner Structure with period-based Scope Structure.
The existing "Indicator Owner Structure" (on the indicator metadata) has been replaced with the "Indicator Scope Structure" (on the activated indicator). THis allows re-scoping in dicator in new periods, thus allowing to make more fundamental changes to the indicator configuration across Reporting Periods.
- Compute Excel cell formulas on Values Import.
Excel Input Values sheets extensively edited with formulas/references can now be successully imported into SERAM, since SERAM now evaluates the Excel formulas contained.
- Additional role function for controlling access to analytic functionality.
This allows to give users access to the Data Grid woithout all analytic functions, thus simplifying the Data Grid for novice users.
- Support for unit conversion in computation formulas of SERAM.
Therefore, instead of using fixed factors, the formula can now contain conversions based on unit symbols, e.g. convert(value, 'kwh', 'GJ').
- Support for "is NaN" and "is not NaN" in formulas.
This is the counter-part to the constant NaN and can be used to explicitly check for an empty numeric value, which can be different from no value (null) in some edge cases.
- Report exact error information when a formula contains errors instead of a generic error message.
- Extended Data Grid value tooltip with difference computation.
When values with a time relation are loaded in the Data Grid, the system now includes delta information (absolute and in percent) in the tooltip. Related time are consecutive values of the same frequency (e.g. Jan and Feb, or Q1 and Q2), or the same time index of consecutive reporting periods (e.g. Jan 2015 and Jan 2016, or Q1 2015 and Q1 2016).
- Support for File Attachments on Boolean, Choice, Factor and Text indicator types.
- Reporting Indicators can now perform formula-based custom conversions between input and reporting value.
This enables new data collection scenarios, such as entering absolute meter or tank level values as input and getting consumption figures as reporting value. In order to support these scenarios, a new time consolidation "None" has been introduced as well.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.